You might have heard of nanny cams and how great they are for moms to keep an eye on kids when in the care of a childminder. There are also many nanny cams on the market. It can be a little overwhelming to choose one over another. If you are thinking of getting one and you wonder how much is a nanny cam then, the first thing you should know is that price is dictated by the features and the type of camera you decide to buy. Here are a few important things you need to know before you choose on the purchase of a nanny cam.
Decide why you need a nanny camera in the first place, choose features that are important to you. A nanny cam is supposed to be a hidden device that records activities of people who take care of your precious babies when you are not around. Nanny cams can be used for other purposes.
You need to understand and decide what features are important to you:
• The reputation of the nanny cam brand
• The quality of the camera
• Whether it is wireless or self-recording
• How well it can be hidden in ordinary household objects
• Sound and motion detection
• The width of the viewing angle
If you want a nanny cam that does more than provide surveillance, then you should be prepared to pay a little bit more than the standard price.
How much is a nanny cam?
• Small nanny cams that measure 3.5 inches x 7 inches x 1.7 inches can be easily hidden in a stuffed toy or potted plant. A good camera of this size should be able to take HD quality videos. The recordings are often triggered by motion and sound. The best hide-in-anything versatile, micro nanny cameras cost just under $90.
• A simple nanny camera than can be hidden in a bedside alarm clock cost a little under $100.
• With new advancements in technology and the proliferation of smart devices, most of the newer models of nanny cams can be accessed remotely using your Apple phones, Android devices, tablets, laptop, and PC. These smart devices can push nanny cam price to $199. Hardwired systems are fading, and people are using the Wi-Fi, and remote viewing systems but these aren’t cheap. Wireless and remote viewing enabled camera prices to range from the mid 300s to 500 dollars.
A good nanny cam that has multiple features can save you from spending money on other smaller things that are essential for your baby’s comfort. Elaborate nanny cams will have a whole slew of features like two-way communication, sound and motion detectors, a temperature sensor and even play lullabies. With remote viewing, you know that you won’t have to miss out on your baby’s milestones while you are at work.
Nanny cams are for security and surveillance and ensuring your child’s safety. A lot of nannies are weary of them and view them as a sign of distrust. The truth is parents who would love to be able to take care of their babies on a full-time basis want the assurance that their children are taken care of and happy. It should not be seen as an indictment of the nanny’s ability to give proper care, but should be viewed as part of home security that not only keeps baby safe but can come as a relief to a caregiver that there is someone surveilling intruders.